Thursday, March 27, 2014

A new one

I got a new (used) guitar!

It's a Seagull "Entourage Rustic Grand", a small parlor-body guitar. Diane bought it for me as an early birthday present when we were passing through Phoenix a week or so ago.

Picture to the right. Light-colored wood, cherry-laminate body. I love it! It's definitely not something to strum a lot on, doesn't have the bass of the dreadnoughts, but for plucky things it's super fun. The neck is a standard length, but slightly narrower. I think the standard nut is 1.75 inches and this is 1.72.

It came with a soft case with backpack straps, like the travel guitar. My plan is to not keep it humidified in the case. Since it's used, it may very well never have been kept humidified. I'm not even sure how effective a humidifier would be in a soft case.

I'm on sabbatical this term and the plan has been to take one of the guitars out in the morning and keep it out all day, so while I'm working on things I can take little guitar breaks all day long. This has worked out quite well. I have a number of new pieces I'm working on and nicely sore fingers/hands.

No comments: